[wp-polyglots] Persian translation disputes

mohammad aghanabi m.websoft at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 05:44:04 UTC 2010

hello;

u know how many users use persian wordpress on their websites ? and delay in
translating
for days what will cause ?

- for now i don't want to keep on tracking on translating anymore till a
time.

thanks

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 7:07 AM, kazama <anotherkaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think it described clearly in this page.
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress
>
>  Participating
>
> Participation in the repository is open to anyone. Simply subscribe to the wp-polyglots
> mailing list <http://codex.wordpress.org/Mailing_Lists#Polyglots>,
> introduce yourself, and let everyone know what translation you'd like to
> work on. If there is already a team for your language and locale, they'll
> let you know and you can join them. If not, you can either volunteer to be a
> maintainer for your language and locale, or simply contribute your
> localization and the repository maintainers will add it.
>
> I'm not the first maintainer for Thai language. I did translate 100% in new
> file but when I finished it. I introduce myself in this mailing list. and
> send email directly to the old maintainer, tell him I want to join his team.
> Then he told me that I can replace him since he was very busy.
>
> If the original team still active. The new translator should join the
> original team, not setup new team against the old team. it's DUPLICATE job.
>
> I don't think the maintainer right would be changed easily for the reason
> which team finished the next version first. At least you should respect the
> original team's work.
>
> just my opinion
>
> kazama
>
> 2010/7/16 José Fontainhas <jfontainhas at gmail.com>
>
> Thank you

>> On 15 July 2010 22:07, Gonahkar <gonahkarblog at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > 1- This is my report on WP 3.0 status as you've asked about it: I
>> released
>> > the full Persian translation for single-site WP 3.0 ten days ago, and
>> > multi-site WP 3.0 five days ago, so WP 3.0 is now fully translated into
>> > Persian by WP-Persian (our team). I'd like to emphasize on "full
>> > translation", because Mohammad's translation was full of errors and had
>> so
>> > many untranslated strings (original English strings are copied without
>> even
>> > being translated into Persian!), you can check the po file to see if I'm
>> > right or not. Furthermore, Their submitted translation includes only
>> > single-site WP 3.0 and not multi-site.
>> >
>> > 2- I have NOT received any kind of message from Mohammad. I should
>> clearly
>> > emphasize ANY message. He has also left the two emails I've sent him,
>> > UNANSWERED.
>> >
>> > 3- I really want to solve this issue but I think Mohammad doesn't, since
>> he
>> > has ignored all of my emails and has also used WP-Persian official name
>> (in
>> > Persian) and logo in his site's header which is NOT approved by us and
>> is
>> > against the copyright of name and logo.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Gonahkar [WP-Persian]

> [...]

كاش زندگي مثل يك معادله ي خط بود كه هر وقت انسان ها راه خود را گم مي كردند ،
معادله را نشانشان مي داديم