[wp-xmlrpc] WP 2.2.1 breaks Ruby 1.8.2

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Tue Jun 26 14:11:43 GMT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 1:10 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> So my recommendation would be to revert the change in WP 2.2.1 that
> added the ‘Z’ to dates.

If this reversion of behavior is done, it's only fair that it reverts
all the way to pre2.2 behavior, where the date was sent in the time
zone of the *blog* and not GMT.

The issue here is that all changes are breaking *somebody*. I think we
should either swallow the medicine and take a fully qualified date
(with time zone information), or go back to the stone ages to maximize
compatibility with all existing clients (because they had built-in
this assumption that no-time-zone from WordPress means "blog time").

Daniel