[wp-testers] Wordpress scaling problems

Paul Robinson pablorobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:53:45 GMT 2009

I know this is probably completely irellivant (my bad spelling kicks in) but
I have, what I consider a whopping, 15,968 images, 710 posts and 6 pages and
WP seems to be coping all right. I was just wondering if I will hit some
sort of limit soon seeing as the attachments, revisions, posts, pages etc
are all handled and stored withing the wp_posts table? Or is this slow down
problem entirely confined to the pages system & category permalink?

Also isn't detached media, attaching & de-attaching images etc, coming in WP
2.9 seeing as the media overhaul was put back after the late release of 2.7?

I may be way off, It has been known to happen. :P.

Paul.