[wp-testers] Wordpress scaling problems

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Jan 29 22:33:27 GMT 2009

2009/1/30 matthijs <matthijsenator at gmail.com>:
> Now wordpress will write rewrite_rules for all those attachments. If you
> have a page with 30 attachments, for each it gets maybe 11 rules, then you
> have more then 300 rules for a single page, from which 90% is not needed
> anymore. So maybe this is also a direction in which some improvements or
> changes can be made.

If you've got attachments in there too, that'd be due to verbose rules too.

However, I dont think Verbose rules apply to attachments, You're
likely to have 11~ish rules for attachements per post-rule, If you've
got 500 post rules in the rewrite rules, you'll have 500*11 for
attachments too.. Since most of us only have ~5 rules for every single
post, theres less than 20 rules all together which accounts for posts,
attachments, categories, archives, etc.
Eg, here are my 70 rules which myentire WP install runs off with
/year/month/day/postname/: http://pastebin.com/m2e95ae24

30-41 deal with archives & feeds & pages of archives
42-46 deal with attachments (and feeds of, and comments, and pages of..)
47-52 deal with posts (and feeds of, and comments, and pages of..)
53-57 deal with attachments again (and feeds of, and comments, and pages of..)
66-71 deals with all pages.