[wp-testers] 2.5 RC2 where are post slugs gone?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Mar 27 20:31:44 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Francesc Hervada-Sala
<francesc at hervada.org> wrote:
> Thank you Dawn and Ryan for your answers.
>  I've used the trunk versions recently and already have seen this behavior. A
>  few days ago I played long with permalinks because of a plugin I develop. But
>  now I do not see this permalink any more.
>  It is a nightmare, I've installed RC1 again, but I still do not see the
>  at the code there is a function get_permalink_sample which returns ""
>  although the post exists and has a url.
>  I am the only one with this problem? I have really no idea, what is going
>  on...

Here are some questions to help us debug:

What is your permalink structure?  Can you provide the permalink for a
post that does not show the Permalink field in the editor?  Do you get
any JS errors in the console?  If you have plugins activated, does the
problem persist if they are deactivated?