[wp-testers] Re: Automatic Plugin Upgrader

Aaron Harun admin at anthologyoi.com
Sat Mar 15 07:11:44 GMT 2008

I just installed WordPress 2.5 on my main site and was playing around
with the automatic upgrader, from what I've seen so far, it works
great on smaller plugins, but once it hits larger plugins there are a
lot of things that can go wrong.

I tried to upgrade wp-phpmyadmin, and the upgrader failed, but not
after deleting the install I already had. Maybe it would be better for
the upgrader to try remaining the older version first rather than
jumping straight to deleting it. This way, even if it fails, there is
a fallback.

I've seen a couple other issues, and I will install the testing plugin
as soon as I can, but I won't have much time to play with it for a
couple days.

Aaron Harun