[wp-testers] Re: Automatic Plugin Upgrader

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Mar 15 08:50:21 GMT 2008

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:11:44 +1100, Aaron Harun <admin at anthologyoi.com> wrote:

> I tried to upgrade wp-phpmyadmin, and the upgrader failed, but not
> after deleting the install I already had. Maybe it would be better for
> the upgrader to try remaining the older version first rather than
> jumping straight to deleting it. This way, even if it fails, there is
> a fallback.

It extracts the new plugin first to a folder on the filesystem, It then deletes the old plugin, And then copies the (allready extracted) new plugin into its place, before deleting the temp extracted files (from wp-content/upgrade/plugin-name).

I have a feeling, that maybe, on larger plugins, the PHP script time limit may kick in?

I'll give wp-phpmyadmin a try on a few test installs, see if i can reproduce it :)

Cheers,