[wp-testers] Re: Automatic Plugin Upgrader

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Mar 15 01:40:54 GMT 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:07:06 +1100, Dave Allyn <djallyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried the automatic upgrade and got the following response:
>

>  Downloading update from
> http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/wassup.1.4.8.zip
>
> Unpacking the update
>
> Removing the old version of the plugin
>
> Installing the latest version
> Plugin upgraded successfully
>
> The funny thing is, nothing is upgraded, nothing is changed.
>
> My beta installation is located in a subdirectory /sandbox and I am
> wondering whether that is the problem.

Check your main site, See if the upgraded plugin ended up there instead..

Also, Can you install this plugin, Activate it, And then send the debug page(Top menu page: "WP Filesystem Tester") to my email? wordpress at dd32.id.au
http://dd32.id.au/files/wp-filesystem-tester.zip
It'd help greatly in seeing where things are failing.

I've got a feeling it may be locating your main blog, rather than your sandbox blog, Thats a bug in the ftp directory locator, i've known about the possibility, just no-ones run in to it yet, and i've not had a spare day these last few days to rewrite it.