[wp-testers] Media Library scrolling

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 23:57:38 GMT 2008

Andy Skelton wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 5:06 PM, spencerp
> <theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  I'm using Firefox. version 2.0.0.11 or whatever... Here's the latest
>>  screen shots of what I see, again, I'm on 800x600 screen res.
>>
>>  http://spencerp.net/images/wordpress2.5-admin-screenshots/
>>

> Thanks for that. I can't reproduce the effect or your environment. Can
> you locate what is causing the scroll and fix it?
Yeah, it's the long named items in the media list.

> Do you have some items down below with long, unbreakable names?

Yes I do.

> Do we need max-width or overflow on table cells?

I'm not sure WHAT would be the best route to take on this issue. I'm not
a professional with CSS styling really, but hopefully someone else can
chime in on this discussion. But if I were take a guess here, I'd try
overflow on the table cells first.

> I am open to suggestions and patches.

I'd love to take some of my own time on this issue, but I'm really
racked up with my own stuff at the moment. IMHO, this isn't really a big
deal. I don't see this as needing to be rushed in for the 2.5 release.
It could come along at 2.5.1 if need-be. But, if you'd like to tackle
this BEFORE the official release.. that's up to you. =) =D I'm just
saying, I'm really busy with things at the moment and don't really have
the time to tinker with the localhost svn test blog to come up with
possible fixes at this time... Please let me know what you think...
thanks..