[wp-testers] Media Library scrolling

spencerp theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:27:11 GMT 2008

Andy Skelton wrote:
> Thanks for that. I can't reproduce the effect or your environment. Can
> you locate what is causing the scroll and fix it? Do you have some
> items down below with long, unbreakable names?

The funny thing is though, those images were removed from the
"wp-content/uploads/" whatever else date folder wise a while back. I
went into the wp-content/uploads/ folder area and found NOTHING there.
These images must have just been "stuck" in the database or something...
I'm not sure.

Cause when I go to view them, I get a blog 404. But yeah, I do have a
long-named one at bottom:
"miraharper318_323110404aace34d5c7-converted.jpg" and that displays
TWICE of course... Once for right beside the Check Box, the other under
the "Media" column.

http://spencerp.net/images/wordpress2.5-admin-screenshots/long-named-media-issue-shot.gif

> Do we need max-width or
> overflow on table cells?
>
> I am open to suggestions and patches.

Well, Jeremy Visser suggested before about doing "overflow:hidden;" on
something, but "we" weren't sure which table /td  and CSS styling to
apply it too...

http://spencerp.net/images/wordpress2.5-admin-screenshots/col-class-info1.gif
http://spencerp.net/images/wordpress2.5-admin-screenshots/td-col-class-info2.gif

Being that the redesign is NEW and all, and didn't want to mess with it
until the redesign was basically over with. As Jeremy said earlier as
well, the long titles on the MANAGE POSTS page don't push anything to
give scroll effect, because the titles have spaces in them, where as
media titles that don't have spaces... just push things over to the
right and creates the scrolling affect.

So basically, if there's a way to limit a certain amount of title
characters from actually showing in the columns, to prevent scrolling
issues... or.. just some how force long titles to bunch-up or something?