[wp-polyglots] WordPress 2.7 finished.

Stas Sushkov stas at nerd.ro
Sat Jan 3 15:46:53 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 5:24 PM, madalin <niladam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stas, i have commited the ro_RO 2.7 last night. A few minutes before i
> committed dan told me you also translated it. Are you 100% finished ?

We discussed the problem of future wp translations with Dan, so in
order to avoid the situations were there's only one maintainer and it
may come that the guys is not interested any-more in doing the
maintenance of the project cause of personal or professional reasons,
we decided to ask all the people ever involved in wp romanian
localizations to centralise their work somehow and this way to put the
ground of a small or greater community. As a solution to maintain the
quality and the up to date state of all our work, we decided to use
tradu.softwareliber.ro (for a lot of reasons and mainly cause it is
hosted on our servers so we can do exports and imports automatically
and the lead developer of the project narro, which is used by
tradu.softwareliber.ro, is a friend of us from Romania, Timisoara).

The version from tradu.softwareliber.ro was fully translated since the
2.7 beta1 by the guys from community, but looking to obtain a higher
quality of translation, we asked everyone to test it on their blogs
and to come back for moderation and validation of what everyone did.
True, it is 100% translated, but it may still contain translations
that can be done better.

The version we used when started everything, was a fork of Dan's and
CNET.ro's translations with their permissions of course. The reasons
we couldn't just take their works as is, cause we observed several
errors like:
* wrong encoding
* wrong diacritics
* translations not recommended by official dictionaries and thematic
glossary (http://i18n.ro/Glosar).

> Anyway, i'm finished and the ro_RO.mo is up.

Good, looking for your contribution inside the community which gets
greater and greater.

> My forum username is niladam and i already email'd Nikolay about ro_RO :)
>
> Hopefully he'll set it up by tomorrow, as i'm already translating the
> wordpress's files so that we can create a romanian version of the 2.7
> :)
>
> Regards,
> madalin

Sorry for such a long explanation. Madalin if you have questions you
may ask Dan or me directly. Good to see you back btw!
Happy holidays!

--
()  Campania Panglicii în ASCII
/\  http://stas.nerd.ro/ascii/