[wp-polyglots] 2.9: Loss of translation for certain plugins

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Wed Dec 23 22:33:49 UTC 2009

An update from a user on this:
http://www.wordpress-fr.net/blog/sortie-de-wordpress-2-9-carmen#comment-14400
(in French, partial translation below)

<<
In the end, all I had to to is donwload each plugins PO file from my
FTP, open them in poEdit, finish translating what was note translated,
re-upload, and voilà, it now works.
I get the feeling WP2.9 needs us to re-declare these files, or something...

...and after inquiring with this user by e-mail :

<<
1) Note that I updated with de-activating my plugins, I have too many of them...

2) The sad part is that some plugins were still translated correctly
(like subscribe-to-comments), by I did this process with their PO
anyway, and once back online, the plugins where not translated
anymore, I had to reupload the original po/mo !

There you go, I don't really get it, but that's the way it works for me.

Nikolay or anyone with gettext knowledge, any opinion on this?

Thanks.

-xb.

--
Xavier Borderie