AW: [wp-polyglots] How to finish up translation

Francesc Hervada-Sala francesc at hervada.org
Sun Jan 13 15:31:21 GMT 2008

Hello,
  Von: Jāzeps Baško
  Datum: Sonntag, 13. Januar 2008 16:09
  An: wp-polyglots at lists.automattic.com
  Betreff: [wp-polyglots] How to finish up translation

  Hello,

  Today I tried our Latvian translation for the first time on a running WordPress instance. A lot of messages do not appear translated even though they are translated. Is it because of the theme (default - Kubrick?) not being localized?

Test it with a Latvian Theme - this way you will find out, whether the programm translation works.
  I browsed codex pages about translation and could not find any instructions on what steps should I take to get to the complete package in my language. Is it we, the translation team, who make the zip package or is there a tool we run, which makes up everything?

If you have a local site <locale>.wordpress.org, you will have a tool which builds up the package according to your SVN files.

Best regards,

Francesc