[wp-polyglots] 2.7 Gets Here in Two Days!

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 19:48:31 GMT 2008

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 19:23:20 +0100 (CET), "Txopi"
<txopi at sindominio.net> wrote:

>Well, of course! We have updated our translation a pair of times and we
>keep it quite updated. But when the final translation is published we have
>to get it, translate it, check it, test it, upload it and generate the
>subdomain tarball. Quite a lot things, don't you think? Specially for me
>that _created_ the subdomain that you _suggested_ and still don't know
>very well how it works and how the authomatic upgrading feature works.

After few release the process is quite automatic, testing is always
done since eariel trunk (i have a locale testbed installation SVN
updated the same as local copy of POTs. Actually we were able to give
(since 2.5.X release) the new version available in it_IT ifew hours
after the english release (just the timezone difference) or at least
the day after. file that need manual "tweaks" like readme.html where
usually it's only the version number that change is already correctly
setted months ago.

>There are a huge amount of weblogs out there waiting for Wordpress 2.7 and
>since we translate it to basque, the amount of basque weblogs has grown

For this release, as for every big change release we suggest people to
not ruch to update, this time more than before for plugin
incompatibility, automatic update that need to be tested on various
hosting provider etc. 2.7 is a bg change we suggest new and
unexpirienced people to wait a bit, few days, but we are ready fro a
huge amount of support question on our locale forum.

>more that other softwares. So I would like to have time to make a good
>translation before the news start spreading and spreading and people
>asking for basque translation or installing the english version just
>because they didn't know that there it is going to be a basque translation
>available. Well, I don't know if you undertand me... Perhaps other
>translators do.

I uppsse you started this "work" not long time ago... we all had the
same problem, doubts and we get scared about large new version... :)

>Just try to advise us when you are going to publish the new version,
>please, and we will do what we can for all that Wordpress users around the
>world that use localized Wordpress instalations.

Cause 2.7 ill hit wordpress.com in a day or twoi suggest you, if
possible to work every day on new version keeping the trsanslation
alway updated and tryng to make version using the tools or
xx.wordpress.org site, we can wait release on wordpress.org in first
days of next week (i bet on thursday :)

When u make a new package it won't appear immediatly on download page,
the package is on build section and only when you click on Version
(under the action column) the package goes "online" and available to
public, but u can download it and use it to local o remote test on you
computer or testing space you habve on some server.

Then... relax, smile... and all will be ok... have a good work :)

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it