[wp-polyglots] 2.7 Gets Here in Two Days!

Txopi txopi at sindominio.net
Wed Dec 3 18:23:20 GMT 2008

Xavier Borderie-(e)k idatzi zuen:
>>> Please, as other did before me, I ask for an advice here to let us know
>>> when the POT file is frozen and when the release is going to be
>>> published.
>>> This way, we can coordinate better with you.
>>
>> You should try to translate all the strings as soon as possible. There
>> won't be a real string freeze, but there won't be more than 1-2
>> changed strings a day till release.
>
> Indeed, you'd better start translating know, so that on release day
> you'll just have to update your PO from the tags/2.7 POT and correct a
> few small strings.
>
> We've been translating the trunk for more than two months now, and by
> updating weekly we are able to catch up on the POT A LOT faster than
> if we waited for the final POT - which is bound to be released only
> after 2.7 is out the door, line on the left, one cross each.
>
> What would you rather do on relase day? Correct 5 strings, or translate
> 256? :-)

Well, of course! We have updated our translation a pair of times and we
keep it quite updated. But when the final translation is published we have
to get it, translate it, check it, test it, upload it and generate the
subdomain tarball. Quite a lot things, don't you think? Specially for me
that _created_ the subdomain that you _suggested_ and still don't know
very well how it works and how the authomatic upgrading feature works.

There are a huge amount of weblogs out there waiting for Wordpress 2.7 and
since we translate it to basque, the amount of basque weblogs has grown
more that other softwares. So I would like to have time to make a good
translation before the news start spreading and spreading and people
asking for basque translation or installing the english version just
because they didn't know that there it is going to be a basque translation
available. Well, I don't know if you undertand me... Perhaps other
translators do.

Just try to advise us when you are going to publish the new version,
please, and we will do what we can for all that Wordpress users around the
world that use localized Wordpress instalations.

Thanks,

Txopi.