[wp-polyglots] Part way to translating, need just a wee push.

Richard Pavonarius rich.pav at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:30:38 GMT 2007

Here's what I've managed to do so far.

* Tried to google for the answer to my question.
* Installed the Language Switcher plugin
* Created the languages directory in wp-includes, uploaded ja.mo and ja.po
* Got the plug-in working, I can switch between Japanese and English,
but the theme (Abstrakt3c 2.0) needs to be localized. That's where I'm
stuck.
* Installed poEdit on windows.
* Put wordpress.pot, ja.mo, ja.po in a folder, opened wordpress.pot in
PoEdit. I can see what has already been translated into Japanese.
Obviously it doesn't include anything from the theme.

Next, I think I have to create a .pot file for the theme or add the
theme's files to wordpress.pot. A tutorial on what to do next, written
with a big, red crayon would be most helpful.

Bonus question: Is Language Switcher the best way to go? I like that
it seems rather generic and doesn't have the compatiblity problems
Gengo appears to have with other plugins.

Thanks,

Rich