[wp-polyglots] bbPress translations

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Wed Mar 21 22:12:51 GMT 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 3:35 AM, Kimmo Suominen wrote:

> I haven't looked at bbPress recently, but last time I asked about
> having
> a separate translation for bbPress, Matt's response was to concatenate
> the two.  I.e. bbPress would not use a separate domain for its
> messages.
>
> The problem for Finnish is that the word "Post" translates to
> "article"
> in the blog context, while in a forum it would need to be called a
> "message".
>
> Not using separate text domains for the two contexts made me abandon
> bbPress.
>
> Has this changed, or is the intention still to share translations
> between WordPress and bbPress?

It hasn't change, but I'm in favor of not concatenating things for
just that reason.

Explicitly specifying a 'bbpress' domain for every string in bbPress
in really obnoxious.  I have been waiting for someone to figure out
some clever code that will make things work via magic.

Sorry I took so long to respond; this list got lost somewhere for me.

Michael