[wp-polyglots] Part way to translating, need just a wee push.

Jovan Kostovski chombium at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 13:39:48 GMT 2007

Hi Richard,

On 3/28/07, Richard Pavonarius <rich.pav at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Put wordpress.pot, ja.mo, ja.po in a folder, opened wordpress.pot in
> PoEdit. I can see what has already been translated into Japanese.
> Obviously it doesn't include anything from the theme.

Theme translation is not about the wp.po files.
Everything from theme that should be localized should go
through the WP translation macro

<?php _e("SOME_STRING")?>
if the translation strings are a part of passed variables toa function
function_name(__("SOME_STRING"))

You need a gettexted theme.

If you like abstrakt3c that much download another theme and
check the code for the things I've mentioned

> Bonus question: Is Language Switcher the best way to go? I like that
> it seems rather generic and doesn't have the compatiblity problems
> Gengo appears to have with other plugins.

Try Polyglot http://fredfred.net/skriker/index.php/polyglot

I've tried it, it works good. Most of the people say that is
the best way to make your blog multilingual.

Cheers, Jovan