[wp-polyglots] WP MU Polyglot question

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Mon Apr 2 08:37:25 GMT 2007

> > * No one has taken the lead for internationalization in the WPMU project.
> > Therefore there is no specific place to download individual .mo files nor
> > packs of translations.

While we don't claim to haven taken an kind of lead in the matter, the
fr_FR team has generated WPMU .pot files since version 1.0 (so, v1.1.1
and v1.2 are also in store), and the accompagnying .po/.mo.
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/fr_FR/branches/mu-1.0/
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/fr_FR/branches/mu-1.1.1/
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/fr_FR/branches/mu-1.2/

As for archives, while we provided one for MU1.0, we have decided not
to buid one for the next versions, as we found out that MU is not yet
ready for general consumption - you definitly have to be a decent PHP
developer to get it properly working, I hear.
Therefore, to prevent hundreds of our forum users to start asking how
they can merge their three low-traffic blogs into a MU installation,
and answerings hundreds others thinking they can make money by
creating an out-of-the-box blog host, we only give a MU .mo for now.

--
Xavier Borderie