[wp-polyglots] Inconsistencies in POT

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Mar 9 19:55:59 GMT 2006

Il Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:25:37 +0000, su internal.wp-polyglots scrivi:

>Hi all
>
>Just been updating the Welsh translation, and noticed a few
>inconsistencies in various strings, as listed below.  I'm happy to
>patch these unless anyone has any objections, or is doing so already:

<BIG SNIP>

>"Key": used both for shortcut key (ie. button on keyboard), and for
>custom field key (ie. identifier for data).  Some languages have
>different words for these different meanings.  Add a space after one,
>to allow different translations?
>
>Some input fields have hard-coded widths which are only suitable for
>English text, and even then, only at specific font sizes in the
>browser.  eg. on the Edit pages: "Send trackbacks to:  _____
>(Separate multiple URIs with spaces)".  A larger font-size, or longer
>text in a translation, makes this really untidy.  Suggest a small
>table, with the "Separate..." on a new line under the input field.
>Takes slightly more space, but the box is collapsable anyway.
>Alternatively, have both strings together above a 100% width input
>field.

Nice consideration, we can take care for all this stuff for the 2.1
version.

ABout the Key poit the idea to add a space sound not so good, where
did you find the problem? Can you give the files and lines where there
is this different use for the single Key words? Maybe we can find a
way to add a : at some Key meke them show different in the pot file.

If others locale team agree on the various suggestion i can arrange to
make a series of patch to be commited in the 2.1 release.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it