[wp-polyglots] How to merge multiple PO files?

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Jan 9 14:19:36 GMT 2006

Il Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:54:39 +0200, Kimmo Suominen
<kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com> scrive:

>> I collected the .po files of all the transaltions (non only WP but
>> plugis and theme to an i keppe an updated dictionary so i oftn use
>> automatica translations for new .po files. This helps to have same
>> sentence or ords always tansalted in the same way.
>
>Is there a tutorial or guide anywhere on using this?  I haven't
>figured out the automatic translations at all, apart from getting
>the fuzzy entries on POT update.  I think this would be very useful
>to learn next.

I didn't know about any tutorial, but it' easy:

1) under File->Preferences select the Traanslation memory tab
2) Select whrre to store the dictionary, set the language and click
Generate Database
3) Add the path to the dir that contains varios subdir with .po files
and click next
4) You get a list of the .po .mo files found int he subdirs. Yuo have
to add manually the .po files for plugins that are nameofplugin.po
caouse the program looks for xx_XX.po/mo files only, click finish and
you got the dictionary.

Now you can use automatic translation on whole file using the option
under the Catalog menu or if you right click on a line you get all the
translation for that strings in the dictionary.

That's all

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it
Sites: http://www.40annibuttati.it
       http://www.wordpress-it.it