[wp-polyglots] Witch POT choose and how to merge it with the last PO file

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Mon Jan 9 13:23:45 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 12:17:44PM +0100, Txopi wrote:
> Perhaps, I should generate my own POT file directly from the source
> code... How do you obtain this file?

This is what I do for the fi_FI translation.

There is a tool called wp-gettext in the tools directory of the i18n
repository:

    http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/tools/trunk/wp-gettext

This script changes over time, and now for 2.0 there is a tag as well.

I'm using a modified version that provides for easier diffs of the POT
file.  The original script results in a POT file where files can change
their order (depending on files added and deleted to the directories),
so I'm sorting the files first.

    http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/fi_FI/trunk/wp-gettext.sh

Actually, to get the best behaviour from poEdit, the script should
refer to all files relative from the wp-includes/languages directory.
This way Edit -> Show References would work out-of-the-box.

Regards,
+ Kimmo
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>