[wp-polyglots] Problems installing the Romanian version

Dan Ghita dan at altermedia.ro
Sun Nov 20 00:28:04 GMT 2005

Hello,

I tried to install the Romanian translation of WP, which I found on the Rosetta site (https://launchpad.net/products/wordpress/+translations). I downloaded the .po file from that address and I created the .mo file using POedit and following the instructions available in the Tutorial (http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language). (The .mo file could not be downloaded directly from the Rosetta site due to an error encountered in the process). And... nothing happened - no error messages were displayed, but the site still displays the default (English) version.

The system used is running  Wordpress 1.5.1.3 on PHP 5.0.4.

Any ideas as to what went wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Dan