[wp-polyglots] Saying "hi" (Offering Dutch nl_NL translation)

Max max at DoeNietZoMoeilijk.nl
Fri Mar 11 12:31:41 GMT 2005

Hi
(well, that was obvious).

I'd like to know if someone is actively doing a translation in Dutch
(nl_NL). If not, I could do just that. I know there was a Dutch .mo for
1.2, but I haven't found anything for 1.5.

 From the little bit of reading I've done so far, using Rosetta seems
like the way to go, however, it seems like I can't reach Rosetta right
now; I'll try later.
In the meantime, can I just grab the pot file and hack at it? Is it
possible (and easy) to roll any work done on it into Rosetta when I can
reach it, or is this a one-time choice?
Not that I'd mind, really, I suppose...

Also, I read that a "raw" (non-Gettext) translation of the default
template and readme files would be appreciated as well. However, I'm
not up to speed with subversion, so it would be easiest if I could just
mail the whole thing to someone and be done with it =]
(meanwhile, a total idiot's guide to svn would be appreciated -- I've
toyed with CVS, so I think I've got the basics covered. Just a quick
"this is how you checkout, this is how you checkin" kinda guide).

Depending on how much work the actual translation turns out to be, I
think I could have a translation ready in a couple of weeks -- I've got
a busy schedule, but I think I can shoehorn some translation time in
there =]

Greets,

Max