[wp-polyglots] Localising cockneyreplace

iwan wordpress at slebog.net
Sat Mar 5 11:53:38 GMT 2005

I don't now if this affects other languages too, but for Welsh it would
be very useful to localise the cockneyreplace feature (which makes sure
the correct apostrophe is on the beginnig of words like 'tis)

I've made a new bug and attached a patch here:

http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1032

It basically follows the way that the smilies list can be customised --
i.e. by checking for a list in wp-config.php

So localisers can put a customised cockneyreplace in their
wp-config-sample.php like this:

$wpautocorrect = array(
	"'tis"    => '’tis',
	[...]
);

... and users can add all kinds of autocorrections there too, not just
for curly quotes.

(called it wpautocorrect since "cockney" isn't relevant to other
languages)

In the future it would be good to have a customisable list via the
admin interface, like a full autocorrect feature (similar to Word's).
I'd be happy to work on that if others think it worthwhile, but
hopefully this should be OK for version 1.5.1.

iwan