[wp-polyglots] Error in New PO file...

Stefano steagl at people.it
Tue Mar 1 12:00:45 GMT 2005

Il Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:35:51 +0100, Xavier Borderie
<xavier.borderie at gmail.com> scrive:

>Also, move out of Rosetta as soon as the translation is 100% done. Use
>SVN between maintainers to accept new changes and keep it all updated.

Rosetta is nice but not so perfect, easy use for people that like t
give help but it miss a fundamental function: a version system. You
can translate every string eben the one that were already translated,
anyone can register and have access to the file and if someone mess up
messages there is no easy way to go back to previous version. it_IT
team as soon as Rosetta has the italian .po quite 100% translated
(rosetta say 99.something but without showing untralsated strings) and
we continued working using emails and a forum I set up (bbPress
obviuosly ;)

I'm thinking about how to use wiki for future translations, but not
sure how and if use it till now.

>I'd also advise to set a public (=free registration) test blog for
>your translation. Much of the corrections I get come through the fr_FR
>one. And of course, eating my own dog food :)

We didn't think to make a free access test blog... but it's a good
idea. I usually test translation locally and another translator does
the same but other use they blog as a test environment.

When i'll be back home in next 2 days i will put up a testblog online
too for italians.

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)