[wp-polyglots] Problems with es_ES.po and availability of es_MX.po/mo

Nicolás Fantino nfantino at 100px.com
Sat Jul 30 01:50:00 GMT 2005

Hi, Rafa

Rafael Bracho wrote:
> All,
>
> After downloading three versions of es_ES.po (from three different
> sources), I found out that neither one had been done from the
> current wordpress.pot file.  There were many missing strings and a
> few which had changed.  For instance, none of the "not allowed"
> strings in wp-admin/post.php were there, and there were still
> references to the Wiki documentation, not the Codex one.

I don't know what versions of es_ES are you talking about, but I promise
you that the one we are working here (at
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/es_ES/trunk/messages/ and
http://wordpress-es.sf.net) is 100% complete and
up-to-date (I have checked it out again right now, just in case ;)).
About the encoding of our translation, it's coded as UTF-8, but we used
HTML entities for the special chars so it can be used in all UTF-8,
ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-15 encodings without any problem.

> My original intent was to create es_MX.po from es_ES.po, taking
> into account some words that have different connotations in Mexico
> than in Spain, along with adding colloquialisms unique to my
> mother country.
It's cool. I will release a es_AR version as soon as possible ;)

> The unfortunate by-product of this goal is that I did not update
> an es_ES.po file, rather doing all the work of bringing the .po
> file up-to-date in the es_MX.po.
>
> But, as a result, I'm reasonably confident that I have an updated
> version (for WordPress 1.5.1.3) of es_MX.po as well as its .mo
> counterpart.
>
> My question is, is anyone interested in it?  And if so, what is
> the mechanism for sharing such files?
I think that too much people will be happy using your Mex Spanish
translation, go ahead! You may contact Ryan Boren in order to set up a
specific locale space for es_MX on the repository. Oh! and don't forget
reading all the past archives of this mailing list (there are various
working conventions and pretty interesting discussions about our i18n
efforts)

Greetings,

N :o)))