[wp-polyglots] Problems with es_ES.po and availability of es_MX.po/mo

Rafael Bracho rxb at rxbtech.com
Fri Jul 29 19:57:07 GMT 2005

All,

After downloading three versions of es_ES.po (from three different
sources), I found out that neither one had been done from the
current wordpress.pot file.  There were many missing strings and a
few which had changed.  For instance, none of the "not allowed"
strings in wp-admin/post.php were there, and there were still
references to the Wiki documentation, not the Codex one.

My original intent was to create es_MX.po from es_ES.po, taking
into account some words that have different connotations in Mexico
than in Spain, along with adding colloquialisms unique to my
mother country.

The unfortunate by-product of this goal is that I did not update
an es_ES.po file, rather doing all the work of bringing the .po
file up-to-date in the es_MX.po.

But, as a result, I'm reasonably confident that I have an updated
version (for WordPress 1.5.1.3) of es_MX.po as well as its .mo
counterpart.

My question is, is anyone interested in it?  And if so, what is
the mechanism for sharing such files?

                                       -Rafael