[Wp-install] Some general questions..

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Mon Jul 17 18:34:24 GMT 2006

From: "spencerp" <spencerp1 at gmail.com>
> I was just wondering about some things here.. I just noticed a comment in
> the moderation Queue, comment #17 specifically.
>
> Apparently, they have their blog up and running already..but need some
other
> type of assistance.. Here's what was said, snipped from the Moderation
> Queue..
>
> <snipped>
> This is probaby weird. Forgive me! I have a wordpress installed but I
don't
> know how to use it. For example, I want to enter new entries every two or
> three days and have them available to viewers. Nothing special there,
right?
> How do I do that? my blog is at:
> Your new WordPress blog has been successfully set up at:
> http://www.bookslibros.com/bitacoracervantes/wp-admin
> thanks, forgive my stupidity. I am an old guy, Frank </snipped>
>
> Q:1) Now, should "we" just email him, and tell him what to do maybe, or
> should we direct him to the support forums? I was *going to* email him and
> lend a hand.. but, I just wanted to ask *everyone* first.

I suggest emailing him to contact the WordPress Support Forums.  I'd
probably delete the request.

> Q:2 ) After MichaelH had brought about the "Spanish" speaking people,
> requesting help.
> http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-install/2006-July/000016.html
>
> Is there anyone that maybe knows various languages that "we" could bring
> aboard this project? IMHO, I think this would help tremendously. ;)

I haven't seen a response to my email either, was just hoping someone could
install a Spanish WordPress.  I notice there's a second request also.

> Q:3) I know we are supposed to use the "latest stable" release of
> WordPress..v2.0.3. But! Being that there is "bugs" or "problems" with that
> version.. should we automatically install that "tune up" plugin.. to fix
> those problems first off?
>
> Just was bringing this up, because.. after we'd do a installation of it,
and
> they happen to see those errors or what not, they might *think* it was
"our
> fault" and such.. =/  I'm all for making the people happy with an
> installation of WP, but.. I'd hate to see them frown when they happen to
> find those errors possibly.. ;)

I'd still install the "latest stable" release available at
http://wordpress.org/download/ so that the people in the Support Forums
always know what version we are installing--bugs or not.

And of course by now you know your email are getting to the list.  Regards.

MichaelH