[Wp-install] Some general questions..

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 04:51:08 GMT 2006

I'm just wondering if anyone is getting my emails? Because I have not heard
anything on the list lately.. =/ Maybe that's just because people are busy,
so..that's cool.

I was just wondering about some things here.. I just noticed a comment in
the moderation Queue, comment #17 specifically.

Apparently, they have their blog up and running already..but need some other
type of assistance.. Here's what was said, snipped from the Moderation
Queue..

<snipped>
This is probaby weird. Forgive me! I have a wordpress installed but I don't
know how to use it. For example, I want to enter new entries every two or
three days and have them available to viewers. Nothing special there, right?
How do I do that? my blog is at:
Your new WordPress blog has been successfully set up at:
http://www.bookslibros.com/bitacoracervantes/wp-admin
thanks, forgive my stupidity. I am an old guy, Frank </snipped>

Q:1) Now, should "we" just email him, and tell him what to do maybe, or
should we direct him to the support forums? I was *going to* email him, and
lend a hand.. but, I just wanted to ask *everyone* first.

Q:2 ) After MichaelH had brought about the "Spanish" speaking people,
requesting help.
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-install/2006-July/000016.html

Is there anyone that maybe knows various languages that "we" could bring
aboard this project? IMHO, I think this would help tremendously. ;)

Q:3) I know we are supposed to use the "latest stable" release of
WordPress..v2.0.3. But! Being that there is "bugs" or "problems" with that
version.. should we automatically install that "tune up" plugin.. to fix
those problems first off?

Just was bringing this up, because.. after we'd do a installation of it, and
they happen to see those errors or what not, they might *think* it was "our
fault" and such.. =/  I'm all for making the people happy with an
installation of WP, but.. I'd hate to see them frown when they happen to
find those errors possibly.. ;)

 - - - - - - -<< End Of ?'s

Ok, that's all for the questions now lol.. =p  I just hope everyone is
getting my emails though.. =/

spencerp