[wp-hackers] Question Regarding Taxonomy Terms per User

Ryan Frankel ryan.frankel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 21:01:05 UTC 2013

> Some way to do this is to suffix / prefix the custom taxonomy with some
> user specif data upon registration
>
> global $current_user;
> register_taxonomy( "genre_{$current_user->ID}", array( 'page' ), $args );
>
> this approach has some implications of course and you shouldn't use it if
> none of them come to your mind :)

Nice.  That is at least a workable solution.  I don't see too much issue
with that except there will be a bunch of taxonomies created ( 1/user )
which I can hide from the UI in the backend.  This isn't a production site
so unless there is an issue I am not seeing this will work.  I would be
interested in hearing what your idea of the negative 'implications' might
be.

Ryan