[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Softpedia and PHPKode Directories?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon May 14 13:35:38 UTC 2012

I received the same notices. Several places mirror our files in this
manner. We don't really have the power to stop them, given that the
files are GPL they're allowed to copy and redistribute and so forth. I
think it's relatively benign. Somebody installing these will do update
checks through .org as per normal, and get notified of the newer
versions like everybody else.

-Otto