[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier...

Dagan Henderson Dagan.Henderson at epyllion.com
Mon Oct 31 14:20:40 UTC 2011

Wow, this debate is still raging, huh?

I've seen a handful of graceful, automatable suggestions for creating dev-staging-production solutions, and still "team-enterprise" is pushing for inclusion in core. What, exactly, is wrong with a plugin? It's precise definition (a set of software components that adds specific capabilities to a larger software application) is a perfect fit for this case.

Consider the enterprise must-have plugins that already exists:

-Domain Mapping (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/)
-Bad Behavior (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bad-behavior/)
-WordPress SEO (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/)

IMHO, it makes far more sense to develop use-case-specific plugins than to offer a few "common" choices in core. Since there are at least a few pro-root-relative hackers in the conversation right now, why don't you folks band together to help support and extend Marcus' plugin?