[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier...

Robert Lusby nanogwp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:14:33 UTC 2011

On 31/10/2011 09:46, Mike Little wrote:
> WordPress is a user's tool first and foremost. I agree with that and
> it should not change. Mike

Bold statement Mike.

On 28/10/2011 19:46, Otto wrote:

> No, but that's not the same thing at all. A dev/staging/production
> environment is something used by a company to create a continual
> development process. It's not the same as a demo or test site that you
> would be showing clients. You're mixing ideas here.

So Otto - you cleary have no concept of heavy enterprise development.
Here's the process:

- Account owner  / client asks for new section of website, or changes to
current website
- DEV team (either in-house, or often in Enterprise, outsourced to a
development agency) make said changes.
- Account owner / client will then need to review the change and approve
it ready to go live (this person is very often non-technical, and in an
Enterprise environment, so you can't start asking HOST file changes or
DNS changes)
- DEV team then make said change live
- Account owner then approves change is live.
- Job is closed.

Sometimes we need to do this with time-delays etc ... when launching a
specific product for a client, with new features etc ...

***IMPORTANT***

Can the list confirm two things then please?

1) WordPress is not looking to improve on Enterprise support as it's too
small a use case? If so we'll start looking at more "grown-up" platforms
for our clients.

2) If WordPress is so concerned about the DB content being "excatly"
what you entered, why is there a filter that changes my Wordpress to
WordPress (even in URLs that can be case-sensitive)?

Rob