[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier...

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 28 22:06:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Marcus Pope <Marcus.Pope at springbox.com> wrote:
> Absolute url usage is a niche problem in the wordpress community, I completely agree with that too.  But it is an artificial problem created by the community that as a result has prevented the platform from garnishing mass adoption outside of what are typically blogging/content delivery uses.

Are you just trolling, or what?

- Absolute URLs solve the problem which is created by relative URLs.
- "Mass adoption"? Last I checked, WordPress was being used 15% of
websites and by 22% of all newly created domains.
- Are you seriously blaming absolute URLs at preventing WordPress from
being a "CMS"?

> I have a problem with the prolific notion that root relative urls are not feasible in the wordpress core, or that they cause massive problems that cannot be overcome technically with simple and elegant solutions.

They're perfectly feasible for niche cases. For core, they would cause
more problems than they would solve. Mainly because they don't solve
*any* problems for the majority of users.

> That you must search & replace your absolute urls because it's the right way.  Preaching lies to people makes the problem systemic and even more difficult to uproot.

If you continue to call arguments that you disagree with "lies", then
we'll know you're just trolling. Please try to have a civil discussion
for once.

-Otto