[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life, a little easier... (Marcus Pope)

Ryann Micua ryannmicua at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 22:24:13 UTC 2011

I think what what Marcus is looking for isn't how WP is designed. sure
there are workarounds (i believe there always is one, you just have to
look), but I also believe in using the right tool/framework/platform for
the job. Think of WP using absolute urls as a feature and consider that
when picking a platform to work with.

WP isn't designed for everybody, and I"m sorry but I side with with
absolute urls too. It's not because I prefer it and I do use  relative
urls when I can, but it's mainly because of two things: 1)MAJORITY of
the users won't care  2) it's how WP was built and changing this is
going to break many things and I personally believe it's not worth the
effort.

My point is, if you absolutely need relative urls in your project, then
do what Otto says: "Feel free to not use it."

I don't mean this to be sarcastic in any way. It's what I'd do too. Pick
a platform (EE, Drupal, WP) depending on the requirements. if none of
the platforms don't meet the requirements (usually due to some crazy
weird setup) and creating the custom stuff will be too much work, (have
only encountered this once) then I drop the project. Could be hard at
first but you'll get used to it. And here's one thing you'll realize,
there's no shortage of projects when your good in what you do =)

No one's forcing you to use WP. I personally think it's not that great
compared to the two other platforms I mentioned (EE, Drupal), but I
don't go all out always using Drupal when all the project needs is a
blog. See what I mean?

--
*Ryann Micua*
/Web Developer/