[wp-hackers] [GSOC 2011] Natural Language to SQL Translator

scribu mail at scribu.net
Mon Mar 28 16:00:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Dhruv Baldawa <dhruvbaldawa at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Friends,
> I have recently been developing a Paper Conference Management System,
> during which the need arises of multiple report generations. The
> database being normalized, the queries then comprises of various joins
> and conditions.
>
> So, I am thinking of developing a Natural Language to SQL Translator,
> I have done the background work and it just requires 2 json files,
> which need to be given to the
> PHP script. Consider it as a metadata for the given system.

Please don't call it a Natural Language Translator. You're merely proposing
a specialized syntax.

Also, I think it's too obscure for a GSoC project and too small.

Also, one of the modules which can be developed for GSOC project, is a
> desktop notification module, which can be used to give out desktop
> notifications from any Wordpress website to user's browser, which
> support desktop notifications like Firefox, Google Chrome, Chromium,
> etc.

Now that's interesting.

PS: There already was something like this for Windows 7, which didn't
involve a browser at all.

--
http://scribu.net