[wp-hackers] Permalink Structure - Performance vs. SEO

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Jun 14 16:07:06 UTC 2011

Post Type (i.e. Post vs Page) shouldn't impact performance; the problem
comes when WordPress can't differentiate blog posts from static Pages, based
on the permalink.

It sounds like you're basically creating Pages as Posts, and not using
chronology in any manner; in such case, I really don't think you're going to
see any difference in performance whether you use Pages or Posts.

Could be wrong, though...

Chip