[wp-hackers] The problem with Contributions and This Thread

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Mon Jan 3 04:35:25 UTC 2011

On 1/2/11 10:41 PM, Mark E wrote:
> If people (including devs) are working crazy hours then that would
> indicate that more devs are needed...

It means people really love what they're doing. No one makes us work
these hours, we do it of our own volition.

>> I'm not sure what exactly about me you find corporate. I'm a non-profit
>> girl since way back in my teens and the lead devs all call me a hippie,
>> not inaccurately.
> Not to distract from the thread, but just to clear that up for people
> who think a "non-profit" corp is something great and good just because
> it's non-profit.
Sorry, I'll be more specific. I spent years working for little or no
money with environmental groups, food co-ops, health clinics for
low-income women, human right organizations. I know it's easy to turn
these threads into opportunities to pontificate and go on tangents, but
please remember there's a real person on the other end of every email.
I'm not evil. I rescue kittens and take in abused kids. Seriously.