[wp-hackers] Filter Visualization

Jake Goldman wphackers at jakemgold.myfastmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:56:44 UTC 2010

  Are you strictly targeting content manipulation filters? There are a
lot of filters in WordPress...

Haven't given this a lot of thought, but off the cuff, it seems like
"layman" users might not fully understand the consequences of
haphazardly turning on and off certain filters. You may be able to
document the purpose of some common filters (capital P, smilies, autop,
etc), but that's a losing game, particularly since you can't document
every filter added by third party plug-ins.

Developers and more sophisticated users may have a better grasp of what,
exactly, they're enabling and disabling, but can also much more
elegantly (and with far less overhead) turn off filters with one line of
code.

In short, I couldn't see me, my dev team, or any of our clients using
"one filter managing plug-in to rule them all."

Just my off the cuff two cents.

Jake