[wp-hackers] Filter Visualization

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 17:34:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Eric Mann <eric at eamann.com> wrote:
> My idea: A plug-in allows you to see all filters currently being used on the
> site and selectively turn them on or off without touching the code.

That's a good idea for a plugin. There are many odd cases you might
not anticipate: filters added conditionally or very late, filters that
will break the site when disabled, etc. I'll be interested to see how
you work around those.

Just peeking at apply_filters, I think you'll get a lot of mileage out
of the 'all' filter for tag discovery.

I'm curious: did you intend to be able to turn off entire tags as well
as individual filters?

Andy