[wp-hackers] Combining plugins

Demetris kikizas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:28:17 UTC 2010

Ryan,

I suppose that what you hope for is not possible.

And, if that is the case, I’m happy.  If what you ask for was
allowed/possible, it would be bad for everyone, plugin authors and
plugin users alike, and it would probably make the repo unmaintainable
in a very short time.

If I were you, I would simply do a permanent redirect from the old
plugin page to the new plugin page, and I would also add a notice the
the wp.org page of the old plugin.  (And probably a final release of
the old plugin too, which would include a notice in the Options area,
along with links to help migrating to the new plugin.)

Cheers!

Demetris,
http://op111.net/