[wp-hackers] Exporting data with post_type='attachment'

David Morris dvmorris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 03:12:46 UTC 2010

I am unable to get media library items to come across in an export/import
process with WP 3.0.1 multi-site. I noticed that the 'attachment' post_type
has 'can_export' set to false in post.php. Is there a reason for that?

It seems to break the whole process of exporting and importing posts with
any kind of media attached to them. When I change 'can_export' to 'true', it
works as I would expect it to.

Is this a bug, or is there an alternative way to get media attachments to
export?

Thanks for your help,
Dave