[wp-hackers] grepping for relevant functions/lines

Maggi Federico federico.maggi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 05:20:25 GMT 2009

Hello List,
	I know WP a little bit but not so well to avoid asking for hints here.

For research purposes, I am surveying code repositories of the top 10
web applications using a modified version of StatSVN. Of course, WP is
the 1st!

Basically, I need to track source changes, over releases, in terms of
"Lines of Code (LOC) matching a certain regexp".

The functions/lines I am interested in are those somehow involved in
handling HTTP request/session/response parameters. Of course, I allow
a certain roughness in the analysis.

I am trying to build a list of such functions/lines. What would you
suggest to include? What would you grep for if you want to estimate
the functions that are, even indirectly, related to processing of HTTP
requests/sessions/responses?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Cheers,

-- Federico