[wp-hackers] Importing HTML files as pages -- been done?

Sat Feb 7 08:05:36 GMT 2009

Stephanie Leary wrote:

> I'm thinking of working on a plugin to import HTML files as pages,
> ideally preserving the directory structure in the page hierarchy.

[...]

I have the opposite problem and can't find a solution. I need to convert a WP
site to static HTML pages. In case anyone is wondering why, it's a local govt
site for a now defunct organisation that will never be updated again but has to
be kept alive for three years (legal/archive reasons). Removing WP would reduce
maintenance to almost zero. I could sit and manually save and clean up 600+
pages  but it would take longer than the current maintenance time. No amount of
searching has so far come up with a usable solution but if anyone knows of a way
I'd be eternally (well, three years) grateful.

Thanks in advance.

--
MLA.