[wp-hackers] Re: Importing HTML files as pages -- been done?

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Sun Feb 8 21:13:25 GMT 2009

My method to import a static website into WordPress is to:
1. Explore the currently offered official import methods in the admin menus.
2. Realize that RSS is the simplest, and indeed, looking at the source
   code one sees that it only cares about <item>s etc.
3. Make a script that turns my pages into such a RSS format > file.xml
   and then import that into WordPress.
   WordPress.