[wp-hackers] Hosting Profiles (WAS: Tips for moving a Wordpress install)

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Thu Dec 3 23:22:12 UTC 2009

On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:51 PM, Steve Taylor wrote:

>  I'm dealing with more WP clients where a dev > staging >
> production set up is mandatory

I need to blog about this, but I've got a rather elegant solution
using apache_getenv, a switch statement, and the stuff you can do with
wp-config.php in terms of URLs: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php

We use it to manage not only multi-environment dev workflows, but each
member of the team manages their own local installs too. Still need to
manage data syncing, like for content/configuration, but that can be
done by treating one of the DBs as the 'source of truth' that all
other sync from.

- Eric Marden
http://xentek.net/code/wordpress/
tw: @xentek