[wp-hackers] widget select field problems?

Jordi Canals jordi at jcanals.net
Tue Aug 4 00:31:28 UTC 2009

The old widget functions to register/unregister widgets and the way widgets
are managed, have changed in 2.8. The old functions are now deprecated and
the recommended way to manage widgets is by using the new WP_Widget class. I
moved all my widgets to the new class, and it makes easiest to write new
widgets, make them multi-instance, and works really fine.

The only problem with the drop-downs, is that the field name and field id
are different in widget control and the drop-down functions make it the
same. I had to make my categories select by hand just because of that.

Regards,
---
Jordi Canals
http://alkivia.org