[wp-hackers] widget select field problems?

Stephanie Leary steph at sillybean.net
Tue Aug 4 01:39:36 UTC 2009

On Aug 3, 2009, at 7:31 PM, Jordi Canals wrote:
> The only problem with the drop-downs, is that the field name and
> field id
> are different in widget control and the drop-down functions make it
> the
> same. I had to make my categories select by hand just because of that.

The dropdown functions allow you to specify the field name, so they
work great under 2.8:
wp_dropdown_categories(array('name' => $this->get_field_name('cat'),
'hierarchical'=>1, 'selected'=>$instance['cat']));

I think my problem has more to do with jQuery, since the hand-coded
dropdowns display correctly when refreshing the page but not when
saving the widget options.

Stephanie Leary
sillybean.net