[wp-hackers] widget select field problems?

Stephanie Leary steph at sillybean.net
Mon Aug 3 23:48:24 UTC 2009

Anyone else noticing problems with select boxes in widgets? After I
save changes, my options are displayed as text rather than option
fields, like so:
http://sillybean.net/downloads/widget-before-after.png

The values are stored correctly, but you can't make any further
changes without reloading the widget admin page. Select boxes
generated by WP functions (like wp_dropdown_categories or
wp_dropdown_pages) don't seem to be affected, but hand-coded ones are
-- although I can't see a difference in their HTML structures.

Observed in 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 in my plugins and others'... and I don't
see a bug on it in Trac. Am I going nuts, or is this a bug?

Stephanie Leary
sillybean.net